Brockport Volunteer Ambulance Corps is growing! When you join our team of professionals, you'll be joining a group with a high level of camaraderie and that truly cares about our community!
Everyone working with Brockport Volunteer Ambulance Corps must meet the following qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and radio equipment.
- Ability to use personal computer equipment with minimal assistance.
- Ability to lift, carry, and balance up to 125 lbs (250 lbs with assistance).
- Ability to interpret oral, written, and diagnostic form of instructions.
- Ability to use good judgment and remain calm in high stress situations.
- Ability to be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights.
- Ability to function efficiently without interruption throughout an entire shift.
- Ability to read English language, manuals, and road maps.
- Ability to accurately discern street signs and addresses.
- Ability to interview patients, patient family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to document relevant patient care information in required format.
- Possess good manual dexterity with ability to perform tasks related to providing patient care.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl on uneven terrain.
- Ability to withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture.
- Ability to work in low light situations and confined spaces.
- Ability to work with other providers to make appropriate patient care decisions.
- Ability to understand and comply with all confidentiality laws and regulations.
In addition to the above qualifications, all are expected to perform the following:
- Respond to calls when dispatched.
- Perform duties as assigned by the crew member or officer in charge.
- Assist with lifting, carrying, and properly loading patient into the ambulance.
- Use prescribed techniques and equipment to provide patient care to their level of training.
- Assist in moving patient from ambulance into medical facility.
- Replace supplies and properly dispose of medical waste.
- Properly clean contaminated equipment according to established guidelines.
- Maintain ambulance in operable condition.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of ambulances, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain familiarity with all specialized equipment.
- Maintain Corps facilities and property in operable condition.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of Corps facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain familiarity with and adherence to all Corps policies and procedures.
- Attend required periodic training sessions.
The Brockport Volunteer Ambulance Corps understands that applicants may have some degree of impairment or disability that may inhibit their ability to fully meet or perform all of these qualifications and expectations. If such a situation should arise, the Brockport Volunteer Ambulance Corps will make efforts to reasonably accommodate any such impairments and/or disabilities.
If you're interested in working with Brockport Volunteer Ambulance Corps, contact us here!